• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who spawned in your tank today

dogofwar

CCA Members
The Mesonauta insignis (Yellow Festivums) have spawned a couple more times... managed to save about half a dozen from a spawn about a month ago and they're growing nicely.

Same with my wild Peru sevs (although I didn't save babies) because I have a bunch growing out already.

Rio Cubayo, Grenada, Nicaragua and Rio Rabolo (Panama) cons spawned as well. Growing out fry of each.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Dorsigera are great fish. But REALLY peaceful. I've killed way too many Laetecara than I'm happy to admit by trying to keep them with stuff I shouldn't have...

Matt

lonlangione

Members
Actually I have seen these at three different shops in the past couple of months. One shop has three tanks of them that came in at different times. All of the fish in all shops are marked curviceps. The true curviceps is the hard one to find. Some races of curviceps may have the top of the caudal fin tinged in burgundy and a splash of it in the face and that's it. Dorsigera has the whole caudal fin and dorsal fin is outlined in burgundy and when in breeding dress they show lots of burgundy. Look at the links below for more clarification. Most of the fish being sold at local fish shops are dorsigera.

http://naturaqua.fr/PhotoPois_1/Laetacara_curviceps_M_01.jpg The true curviceps

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG3AFjlPgeJex0R6dGpG5VaiC_fn0JOdiO7P9pdxxa1smihleTOLPh6ABm dorsigera

9qpbgMdmUwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
BCMpfAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Last edited:

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
MY JAGS WERE PREPARING TO SPAWN THIS A.M. WHEN I LEFT. I EXPECT TO SEE EGGS EVERYWHERE WHEN I GET OFF WORK TODAY.

Wydukey1991

Members
Aul Ngara Flametail and my wild caught Cyno Afra Mbamba Nkata Bay! Well they didn't really spawn today lol I just stripped them today, the parents were prolly gonna spit in the next day or two anyways.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app