• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who spawned in your tank today

eureka red with albino gene
sci. fryeri
imperial tigress
star sapphires
placidochromis makonde yellow black fin
syno multi cat
aul benga yellow

verbal

CCA Members
stripped my female rusty lastnight. Look at them this moorning. All the eggs are smushed and dead:(:(:(

Did you use an egg tumbler?

It can be tricky, but I generally try to time when the eggs will be hatched, because fry(even at the wiggler stage) are a lot easier to keep alive than eggs.

rsretep

Members
will rusty females hold til fry are free swimming? I personally wait til momma is ready to burst before stripping that way I have the best chance of helping the fry to survive

turfboss

Members
Feb 21, 2012 -- Archocentrus Nigrofasciatus - 2 pairs - lots and lots of little dots from one pair - not so many from the other pair - this is my first ever cichlid spawn - feeding baby brine and crushed (powered) flakes.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Congrats on the spawn George. Convicts are very cool to watch protect their brood. Where did you get the parents from?

fishman13

Members
I conqor....They are by fare the most protectful South American cichlids i have ever bred before. Congrates:happy0158::party0006::sign0173:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Congrats George. :)

Last couple of days, stripped 2 rusties, a yellow lab and one very large mouthful from a 7" Fossochromis rostratus female.