• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

local collecting trip

JasonC

Members
I think MD DNR is really trying to get the word out that it is a good eating fish... Not sure I believe that something so ooooogly is tasty though ;P

Sonny Disposition

Just had to edit my post after scrolling back. I didn't realize you were talking about a warm water outflow. Is the site near a nuclear powerplant?

Even though the water is warm, I'd recommend waders. I have seines and a few dipnets.

Can we invite the other clubs, too?

Last edited:

Jeff721

Members
Just had to edit my post after scrolling back. I didn't realize you were talking about a warm water outflow. Is the site near a nuclear powerplant?

Even though the water is warm, I'd recommend waders. I have seines and a few dipnets.

Can we invite the other clubs, too?

With what i know about the site, parking might be a REAL issue.
Anubias might be able to confirm that.

Sonny Disposition

Of course, it's been a warm winter. It's possible that the smaller sunnies up at Pennyfield Lock will still be biting.

And if not, we could probably fish for sunnies at the Power Plant discharge up at Dickerson-- although it is a haul from Silver Spring.

Thai

Members
This is not large group friendly, parking is limited and it's a half mile hike to the spot, I would advise against inviting others. Optimal would be under 8 people