• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

And this is why I love our club...

dogofwar

CCA Members
Nice selection and pictures!

Replace the jewels with eartheaters and you're basically keeping the same types of fish that I do:

• Cryptoheros and "convicts"
  • Krobia and other acaras
  • Australoheros
Matt

I've had a lot going on in my tanks....lots of new fish growing out and some starting to pair up. All of them came from people in this club...

Ok, three came from Sam...one came from Jon via Sam.

chriscoli

Administrator
HA! Oh nooooooo! I've started down the Matt road!

Seriously, though, eartheaters are on my "to do" list.

dogofwar

CCA Members
You're well down it... what kind of eartheaters interest you? I might just have some :)

Although I need a fellow chanchito-phile in the club (and not just oblongum and Red Ceibals)...

Matt

HA! Oh nooooooo! I've started down the Matt road!

Seriously, though, eartheaters are on my "to do" list.

Last edited:

verbal

CCA Members
You're well down it... what kind of eartheaters interest you? I might just have some :)

Although I need a fellow chanchito-phile in the club (and not just oblongum and Red Ceibals)...

Matt

Are you going to trade eartheaters for jewels?

You both also keep weird African fish, although from different lakes :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
I forgot - I actually have some (a pair?) of Hemichromis sp. Guinea II.

So Christine is exactly like me...only different! ;)

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Seriously though, I'm always blown away that more folks aren't involved in fish clubs in areas that have active clubs and hobbyist communities.

What do folks think are the biggest barriers?

I honestly don't think that awareness is the biggest one...

Matt

Seriously though, I'm always blown away that more folks aren't involved in fish clubs in areas that have active clubs and hobbyist communities.

What do folks think are the biggest barriers?

I honestly don't think that awareness is the biggest one...

Matt[/

IMO, fear of commitment.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Besides lack of exposure...

Having symptoms is not the same as having the disease. MTS also requires a fairly uncommon genetic/emotional/subjective disposition to say nothing of spousal approval. Maybe we should have a hoedown - yeah, that's it - next year's AquaMania should incorporate a central feature of the once revered "cotillion", that is to say, dancing. Between CCA, PVAS, GWAPA, et al. we could and should throw a heck of a party. Just amazing how much fun a few guys/gals playing music can be. So enough with the windowless hostility suite already - let's as they say "get down". All we really need is a decent bluegrass/rock band and we're there - I'll donate my $100 in outstanding AquaMania expenses to their appearance fee.

I'm so there.
:party0003:

dogofwar

CCA Members
Nothing like a bunch of dudes dancing to bluegrass/rock to increase the appeal of the club. Doesn't Tony play the man-do-lin? ;)

Matt

Having symptoms is not the same as having the disease. MTS also requires a fairly uncommon genetic/emotional/subjective disposition to say nothing of spousal approval. Maybe we should have a hoedown - yeah, that's it - next year's AquaMania should incorporate a central feature of the once revered "cotillion", that is to say, dancing. Between CCA, PVAS, GWAPA, et al. we could and should throw a heck of a party. Just amazing how much fun a few guys/gals playing music can be. So enough with the windowless hostility suite already - let's as they say "get down". All we really need is a decent bluegrass/rock band and we're there - I'll donate my $100 in outstanding AquaMania expenses to their appearance fee.

I'm so there.
:party0003: