My biggest one yet!

Thai

Members
Caught this guy at Pomunkey inlet yesterday on the potomac, he slammed a topwater jerkbait and everytime I got him close to shore he would jump and bolt back into deeper water, best fight I've gotten out of a fish yet! This is maybe the 15th one I've caught on rod & reel

Snakehead.jpg

maddog10

Members
Li might buy that from you. You do not put them back do you? I think DNR still has a 'Kill Them All' policy.

Thai

Members
:lol::lol::lol::lol:That's what I would do with it. I bet they are really tasty.

George
Its a nice white meat, much like amberjack let me know if you ever want to try snakehead, I'll bring some steaks to the next meet!

Sonny Disposition

Every year I organize a trip to seine the Potomac, hoping to find babies. It's been about four years now, and we've never turned any up in our nets. I'm beginning to wonder if they're born full grown.

Thai

Members
Every year I organize a trip to seine the Potomac, hoping to find babies. It's been about four years now, and we've never turned any up in our nets. I'm beginning to wonder if they're born full grown.
I'm known as Eatsomekiwis the Snakehead fishing master over on Monsterfishkeepers.com, this video was taken by me on my phone over a year ago it shows a school of over 1,000 week old baby snakeheads, the mother & father were swimming underneath them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-WCav5gW6I

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
That is fantastic. If I had been there with my collecting net I would be a federal fugitive by now. Very nice video. Thank you.

George

Thai

Members
That is fantastic. If I had been there with my collecting net I would be a federal fugitive by now. Very nice video. Thank you.

George
:D
attachment.php

cmcpart0422

Members
I was at the c&o canal about a week ago and they still have a sign posted saying that if caught they need to be frozen or bled out till they are dead.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Caught this guy at Pomunkey inlet yesterday on the potomac, he slammed a topwater jerkbait and everytime I got him close to shore he would jump and bolt back into deeper water, best fight I've gotten out of a fish yet! This is maybe the 15th one I've caught on rod & reel

Nice catch Dude!

Richard

dogofwar

CCA Members
We've GOTTA do a potluck sometime.

On the menu:
Tilapia (at least a couple of different ways)
Snakehead
Fried catfish
Shrimp a couple of ways
Other ideas? Anyone have a spare pacu?

Dude, I live close to you and fish a lot in the Potomac. Let me know when you go I wanna catch and eat a snake head. Sounds yummy.