• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Glss Canopy for 90 and 125

Has anybody ever seen a glass canopy tops to fit a 125 and 90 without a center brace. I am having no luck locating either one. Thanks in advance.....

jonclark96

Past CCA President
That would be an awful thick piece of glass to span a 6' tank. I know the glass tops for my 180 with a center brace are 3/8" thick glass.

you are absolutely correct on that i tried to create a center for both tanks just dont really like the way it looks. maybe i need to come up with a new design for the home made center brace for both tanks....

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've seen folks that used epoxy and polycarbonate rods to make dividers/spreaders in tanks. You could put in two pieces across the short dimension of the tank, then epoxy a flat plate of plexi on top to act as the ledge for the glass top.

Thanks John, will have to take a look at that as I said earlier just not to happy with the setup that I have on these 2 tanks....

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Search the forum for threads by Toddnbecka (I think that's the right name). He used to be more active on the forum, and I am pretty sure he was the one who was making the center braces for his tanks.