• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb discus

npbarca

Members
I wouldn't recommend discus in a 30, it is a little too small. The 90 would be fine, depending on what other fish are in it.

He just posted a vid of his latest shipment of almost 3000 fish. That man has his stuff together! Everyone should watch it.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Discus are very tough to keep especially to keep healthy. For this reason I wouldn't buy any from most pet stores. They simply don't have the setups or time required to keep Discus. Hans has fair prices and you know your getting best selection of the highest quality, healthiest fish.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Acpape0

Members
I'm still not sure if I am even going this route just wanted to "test the water" a little and see what was out there. I don't mind spending $ on the correct fish but always prefer keeping $ as local as possible

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Greengirl

Members
He has the most gorgeous discus I have ever seen. I think I am getting a second generation batch of his from a friend. I just can't wait to get them tomorrow.

rich_one

Members
Agree with all of the above. You should definitely go with Hans. Best quality discus possible, imo... and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

-Rich

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've not kept them, but from those folks who I know that have, I think that getting the appropriate sized tank is a key. They are cichlids, after all, and can be tough on one another. If kept in too small of a tank, the lowest one on the totem pole will perish quickly and the process will repeat. Yes, they need good clean water, but I believe that many of the tank raised fish are not as impacted by water parameters as their wild caught bretheren.