• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

White Convicts

dSerk

Members
My breeding convicts have about 25% albino/white fry in each batch. How common is this? I'm thinking about getting rid of them to make room for something new.

ddavila06

Members
ha! got tired of them??? i hear they breed just as bad as rabbits... i don't know about how common that is but would like to see some pics :D

dSerk

Members
Hey Damien, nice to see you again. Did you quit SuperPetz?

Yeah, like bloody bunnies they are. Still, fun to watch the drama; papa and mama split up after the last batch hatched and now he seems to be pairing with one of the female hybrids that were from mama's first spawn. It's like a Jerry Springer episode in there.

I'll try to get some pics of the little white guys.

verbal

CCA Members
If you have 2 parents carrying the albino gene(assuming it is a simple recessive gene) you would expect 1/4 albinos. 1/4 would not have the albino gene and 1/2 will carry but not express the albino gene(like the parents).

Spine

Members
Funny you should mention these. Someone just traded a bunch in to Tropical Lagoon. I took a pair home (even though I don't have room) because they will provide a constant supply of feeders.

dSerk

Members
Thanks everyone. BTW, I have a couple dozen fry, juvies and small adults you can have for feeders. PM me if you want some. Might even get rid of the parents soon.

ddavila06

Members
Hey Damien, nice to see you again. Did you quit SuperPetz?

Yeah, like bloody bunnies they are. Still, fun to watch the drama; papa and mama split up after the last batch hatched and now he seems to be pairing with one of the female hybrids that were from mama's first spawn. It's like a Jerry Springer episode in there.

I'll try to get some pics of the little white guys.

did not quit, got fired..after that i was out of work for like six months and i was forced to sell my turtle tank because i had no money :( oh well, things are a little better now :D

looking forward to the photos!