• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Which way would you turn.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have a question.

Say you are driving through the parking lot of a dealership. You are driving behind the building and you make a right turn at what you think is the end of the building. You see in front of you that it is a one way towards you. You stop. Now you have to back up.
The question is since you turned to the right to get into that position would you
A) leave the wheel to the right as you back up since that is the way you came? And you know it is clear?
or
B) start backing and turn to the left?

The reason I ask is this is what a customer was faced with yesterday. She came from getting a body shop estimate and was trying to drive home.

Next reply shows which way she turned while backing.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
100_2978.jpg

100_2979.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
lol
I like seeing the second picture. Getting air with the right front and left rear wheel.

DonkeyFish

Members
Saturns are made of plastic, ergo they are toys.
My toy cars are impervious to obstacles such as curbs, feet, tables...blatantly obvious elevation drops...

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Two things come to mind.

She was lucky no one was parked in the lot below. It looks like she might have hit them especially if it were a van or big car.

Second, is this the first time someone has done this?? The dealer should have known someone might do this and could have made the area more customer friendly. Is she going to sue because there was no sign saying not to back up, because the curb was not high enough, because there was no barrier wall, because she had to back up instead of being able to drive around. Just being devils advocate. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
1ST time that I know of. Usually that area is only the employee driving the cars out of the service lane and parking them.

The person that watched her do it says she hit the curb with one wheel and actually hit the gas harder to get over it. lol Guess it scared her. lol

The body shop manager did complain afterwards that there should have been a guard rail there. That way there would have been damage to the car for us to work on. lol As it was we put it in the air and looked. Other than a few scratches it was fine.

We have another older lady that has had her car in the body shop 4 (yes I said 4) times already this year to fix stuff she has done. All her fault. She does bake cookies and cakes for the body shop people. She now knows all of them by name. lol

We did have the one wreck a few years ago out front of the dealership that ran off the road, went over the curb, went airbourne for about 50 feet and then hit 4 used cars out front. I posted that one before somewhere on here.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Last time I checked, saturs come with side mirrors. I think I would use them in combo with the rearview mirror. Thank goodness there are people in the world who make silly mistakes where they are left unharmed (other than possibly financially). It is their life events that make for our interesting stories.