• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Whats your favorite CA cichlid?

ErnieG

Members
Im a convict fan hands down and not a lot of people understand the beautiy of convict. Raise a nice male to 6inches or so and you will see what mean especially the pink males. They aslo can develope a bit of a personality if kept long enough.

rich_one

Members
I love pretty much all Vieja species, with maybe breidhori and regani my favorites (though I am still a big fan of synspillums). But outside of that, festae are my favorite cichlid overall. And I really like lyonsi too.

You wanted me to pick just one, didn't you? Dang it...

-Rich

rsretep

Members
I would have to say Amphilophus Lyonsii are my favorite CA to date, probably has something to do with they are breeding in my 75...starting to pile up the juvies and fry. But have been keeping them for about five years and they are gorgeous fish when they mature and are in breeding dress. Here is a pic of my group

th_003.jpg

rsretep

Members
Luck I guess, The "pair" really dont harass each other and everyone else knows who is boss. Once they lay eggs I divide with egg crate divider leaving female to tend to eggs, working for me so far...

blkmjk

Members
Can't pick just one or I wouldn't have 8 tanks going. But if you told me I had to get rid of all of my other tanks and I could onto keep 1 species.... My umbee pair for sure would be it they are beautiful and powerful best of both worlds.

Here is my 7" male

uploadfromtaptalk1355922557640.jpg

ErnieG

Members
Great favorite CA cichlids you guys chose and even better reasons that you guy gave to tell why they are your favorites. Keep it coming guys.

Andrew

Members
thorichthys_ellioti.jpg

Thorichthys. I love their attitude and that you don't have to keep them in a huge tank. Plus they can be mixed with livebearers and tetras.

verbal

CCA Members
I agree with Andrew that Thorichthys are nice. However I think rainbow cichlids may currently edge them out. What I like about rainbows is having nice color and some attitude without fatalities.

I would have given Salvinis a shot if they were not such terrors. Honestly the only way I could see giving them a shot would be over the summer when I can put tanks In my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app