• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What Vieja Should I Order?

Which Vieja Should I Get?

• Vieja Breidohri

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Vieja Guttulatus

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Vieja Zonatus

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Vieja Hartwegi

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Depending on the size of the tank and the other occupants, I would go with either Breidohri or Hartwegi simply because they are not seen as often in the hobby. What made you limit your choices to this group and not include other Paratheraps/Vieja?

Davey_8313

Members
What tank and tankmates?

Matt

150 with just the Pearsei to begin with. Don't have the Pearsei yet so I can get him at a smaller size than listed in my other thread.

Depending on the size of the tank and the other occupants, I would go with either Breidohri or Hartwegi simply because they are not seen as often in the hobby. What made you limit your choices to this group and not include other Paratheraps/Vieja?

You stated the reason yourself which is because they'er not seen as often. I like Syns also but they're seen around so much now it seems I want something a little different.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I like the Hartwegi more than the breidohri, but that is personal taste. I also like bifasciatus a lot. Fenestratus are nice also, but I don't care for the pink or 'Catemaco types as much. Good luck making your decision.

Oh- just wondering, what made you go with pearsi and not bocourti?

Davey_8313

Members
They don't have Bocourti. :( I wish they did b/c I like them better.

I could just get some Hartwegi and Herichthys Deppi that I just noticed they have also. Get a few of each and grow them out.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have a bocourti, a fenestratus, and a zonatum (i think) that I am looking to sell. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I don't think there were any breidori in the show tank. There were pie bald fenestratum, pink fenestratum, and bifaciatus, I think. Breidori are more of a purple background with few spots.

Jumbie

Members
I didn't see any Breidori either. I ended up getting both Fenestratum at the auction. It worked out in my favor because I was so busy at the auction and when everything was finished they happened to be the last few fish left. I got both piebalds but missed out on one of the other ones , it probably went earlier and I was too busy to hear when it went up. All the bifaciatus went before I was aware as well. I did see or I should say hear one large male sale for $5 at the end of the aucton.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
jon the 3 beauties i got from you are loving life. i saw the orangeish one change colors before my eyes. sometimes she is all orange other times she is splotched either way she is nice . thanks bro!!;)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Glad they are working out for you. They are a bunch of pigs, so expect them to keep packing on some size.