• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What kind of Pikes are these?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
These are at my local Petco. What kind of Pikes are these? Here is the link to the video I shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQLEzPy8hjM&feature=youtube_gdata

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

mscichlid

Founder
It's hard to tell at the juvenile stage. I'll take a guess and say maybe Lucius ...maybe sveni.

Where's the petco?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
The Petco in Waldorf. They have had them for a month or so. They sometimes get some odd for Petco fish that dont sell.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I figured out what they were Crenicichla Venezuela. To bad I bought one. Gotta take it back. Not ready for a fish that can hit 2ft yet.

Spine

Members
They don't hit 2ft over night,Lol. You can enjoy it while it's growing out.
I'll bet you could get at least what you paid for it when it gets to big for your
current set up.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Yeah Kevin that crossed my mind but I also didn't like what it looked like as an adult. I think I'll try my hand at dwarf pikes or an Atabapo. I want something that will get along with the Green Terrors when I get the 90 gallon up and running.

Jumbie

Members
After seeing the video I would think it was either a Veni or a Johana. Johana’s get really nice looking as adults. Unfortunately because both species look so much alike as juves, you really won’t know what you have until they get larger.

Spine

Members
I never even gave Pikes a thought until Jumbie gave me a couple of his singles. Pikes are pretty cool,now I'm starting to get into them.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
They are hard to find. I don't care how good Rapps cichlids are they cost way too much.