• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

To many fry

jstlstn

Members
Okay so the brichardi I won at the BFD auction ( they were two cute not to bid on) have fry three times now. I think looking at the size difference and tank monitoring I know there are definitely two batches at least. Yeahh for me except one I am not set up to keep this many fry. Two I do not have a Tanganyika tank right now I’m getting my feet wet with haps. Peacocks, an mbuna. Getting a forty for them today for the short term any long term suggestions on what to do with all these fry. BTW the wifey does not like the let the strongest survive method.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
You are between a rock and an hard spot if you can't feed the fry to other fish. My gut reaction was to pull out the fry and throw them in a tank with the haps and peacocks if you want to get rid of them.

Not too much else you can do with them unless you are willing to ship fish. You'll quickly saturate the local market, and there aren't many stores left that will buy fry.

lkelly

Members
Apparently this is the solution in Korea.

korea-french-fry-party.0.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You can definitely flood the market very quick with a fish that breeds a lot. It will get to the point that you are spending a lot for food and cant get rid of them.

Been there and done that. LOL

Tangcollector

Staff member
you need to feed them to the peacocks and the haps. Brichardi's are relentless. They are beautiful but they are prolific.If you can't get rid of them offer them to other club members for free as feeders and they will get taken. Just a suggestion.

jstlstn

Members
Sounds like I have a plan what ever fry are left by next meeting getting bagged. hybrid haps/peacocks or brichardi's they all go.

YSS

Members
I wonder if you got my fish at the auction... Anyhow, I started with 6 and ended up with well over 100 in my tank full of haps, peacocks, and loaches. Got rid of almost all them before the BFD and I thought some made to the auction. Unloaded all of them to three people on the forum for free.

jstlstn

Members
Vic if you want some of the Brichardi fry to raise I will bag some separately for you. Just let me know