• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tiger Oscar and Female Jaguar

gm359

Members
I have a 10+ inch tiger Oscar and a 8+ inch Jaguar female. I am looking to sell or possibly trade for other South and Central American Cichlids if I like what you have. These two are two aggressive and are in my 125 gallon tank. I can send pics at your request.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you've got some nice healthy fish. Good luck finding them a new home.

zackcrack00

Members
That Jaguar.... Just beautiful, Dude. Awesome. Did you raise her from a fry or juvie yourself???? Nice color pattern on her!

gm359

Members
Thanks for the compliments. I raised her from about 1 1/2 inch from HOT. She grew fast. I am hoping to get rid of them very soon. Pass the word please.

gm359

Members
It's a female. The anal and dorsal fin are rounded. They so not come to a point. I appreciate you trying to help but you are wrong buddy. Most of the south and Central American cichlids are easily identified by that. Male anal and dorsal fins come to a point where the females are rounded. Anyway, I'm
trying to find a new home for these two. Hopefully somebody will be interested soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Fin shape is not the best indicator of gender for many new world species. I'm no expert in parachromis, but the folks who have chimed in do have a lot of experience keeping them.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I agree, I have a 5 inch wc festae with pointed fins, I thought she was a male but after doing some research I found out she was a female, even though she has pointy fins.