• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The Tiger Effect

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
This weekend I had the privilege to see the great Tiger Woods at the AT&T National Golf Tournament, which was held at Congressional Country Club. Good fortune came my way in the form of some Tiger Woods tickets and so I called a good friend of mine to join me.
tiger-woods_more.jpg

It was incredible!

The crowds were unbelievable and they followed Tiger like an army of ants. You could hear the sound of the crowds everywhere Tiger went. He is truly a presence.

What was amazing to me was how focused Tiger seemed to be and how he never ever glanced over to the crowds. He was on a mission and walked with a purpose and determination of a Champion. He was wearing a Red Polo shirt with black pants and boy can he smack the heck out of all ball.

I did get a chance to see Tiger several times on Sunday, especially on hole number 10 and 15. At hole number 15, I was like 7 feet away from him as he putted for birdie. Awesome!

The Greens were gorgeous, I mean you just want to grab your pillow and go to bed on them. Nevertheless, what made the day was the weather because it was perfect.

Overall, It was quite an experience to feel the Tiger Effect and I can't wait til next year when the US Open will be held at Congressional.

Cheers,

Richard

Sounds like a lot of fun Richard. Wish I could have been there. I did watch on TV how focused Tiger was. Although Hunter Mahan played very well, Tiger was able to birdie at the right time.

Gerard

iamzrad

Members
I've seen someone get out of there car at a red light and do the "tiger salute".
Tiger+Woods.jpg

Very cool, Richard!

US Open is in 2011. Tiger's tourney goes to Philly the next two years so that the Congressional can be prepared for the US Open.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Did you read the Wash Post? Tiger is a totally different person on the course and off. He intimidated the hell out of Kim.

Have you ever gone to a baseball game and been lucky enough to sit near the bullpen? I have twice. It's funny but the closers are the guys who will talk to the crowd and joke with you especially before the game. As the game goes on they change and get quiet. If they have to warm up toward the end of the game the transformation is unbelievable. They are like fierce warriors whom you would never recognize from when you were joking with them. They are totally different people. When they walk out to the mound, you can tell, they hate the world and everyone in it. They call it "putting your game face on".

So why do I bring up this stupid stuff when the thread is Tiger? Tiger does it for 18 holes of golf. The concentration the man has is like none other. Well maybe the real MJ - no, not Michael please get out of the news - Michael Jordan. These guys are special.

George

maddog10

Members
One of the guys at work had his son (who is a phenomenal golfer at 16 years old) go and caddy for the Pro-Am earlier in the week. He was a caddy in the group with Jim Furyk and Tiger was just a couple of groups ahead.