• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Suriname Cichlasoma bimaculatus - latest spawn

dogofwar

CCA Members
...so the young pair of Cichlasoma bimaculatus (wild ones from Suriname) that I got from last month's Jeff Rapps group buy have spawned in their 20 long quarantine tank... They're about 3" each.

The babies are quite small but have an interesting spotted pattern. The parents seem to be doing a good job of raising them...and I'm feeding them Golden Pearls. There are probably 200 of them.

Here's a picture from Jeff: not the most colorful fish...but I'm an acara lover (and a dork)... :rolleyes:

Matt

bimac1.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Awesome dude! Hopefully some of the little ones make it long enough for me to take them off your hands.

dogofwar

CCA Members
What's funny is that I don't do anything special, per se, to the water...other than change it a lot...

The fishroom doesn't even have the space heater going this time of year, so it's in the mid-70s most of the time.

I feed good food (NLS, xtreme, kensfish and live red wigglers)...

These guys and the red ceibal babies both seem to be doing great... knock on wood ;)

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
...still being great parents. They've figured out that it's better if they keep the fry huddled against the back wall (vs. the egg crate divider that allows the babies to venture onto the side with a hungry nanoluteus male).

The babies seem to be doing well on fine Golden Pearls and decapsulated brine (both from Kensfish).

Matt