• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Strange colored Nic

MonteSS

Members
So the back half of one of my Nic babies is black. Whats up with that? Seems symetrical on both sides. May have to grow this guy out.

[YT]i0qYrICe_PM[/YT]

....Bill

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Very cool

Very odd. Maybe just a genetic thing?

That's a mouthful if only because it describes the culmination of 3+ billion years of evolutionary field trials. "Just a genetic thing" indeed. Might nearer to definite I'd say unless it's hosting some very very unusual micro-organism. Hey, Chris(coli) has a DNA sequencing unit stashed in the back (or rather the front) of her VW, and you know how she just loves to dissect small unsuspecting creatures - am sure she can give us a definitive answer. Or if not to this question then some other one as yet unasked to be sure. (I can't provide a better straight line or consciously render myself more vulnerable than that...)

chriscoli

Administrator
Sam, you know that DNA sequencers have come waaay down in price in the last few years. I keep one in my purse just in case. :lol:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Welcome the Third Millennium

Sam, you know that DNA sequencers have come waaay down in price in the last few years. I keep one in my purse just in case.

Yeah, isn't technology grand? I just acquired a portable particle accelerator myself. Don't even need a permit. Was thinking to set up on the roof and bombard the Capitol Building with positive ions one night when Congress is in session but I haven't figured out how to deal with the choppers yet and Caleb's idea for a distraction was a little too, what's the word he used? - oh yeah, "flame-boy-ant", John Birch Society or no.