• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Source for live plants

Beeman

Members
Can anyone recommend a source of clean, safe(no hijackers!), almost/mostly algae free aquarium plants. I went to Green Leaf, but they are out of stock on almost everything. I'm looking for all low-light plants; anubia, swords, crypts. Just want to go with someone who I can trust for really nice plants. Thanks in advance

Hawkman2000

Members
Prestine has a decent selection. I got some lutea and ciliata from them about a month ago and there doin very well. Especially the lutea.

Also, there is a member here on CCA and on PVAS who grows and sells alot of plants (at least he used to). I think his name is David Davalia, goes by is ddavalia.

I sell plants too from time to time. I'll try to remember to bring some of the ones I have. I'm keeping quite a bit to myself right now because I'm setting up a 75g and redoing the aquascape of a 33g long and 30g cube.

Arlene

minifoot77

Members
Prestine has a decent selection. I got some lutea and ciliata from them about a month ago and there doin very well. Especially the lutea.

Also, there is a member here on CCA and on PVAS who grows and sells alot of plants (at least he used to). I think his name is David Davalia, goes by is ddavalia.

damian davila get your a$$ on cca :) and its ddavila06 .....

Beeman

Members
I sell plants too from time to time. I'll try to remember to bring some of the ones I have. I'm keeping quite a bit to myself right now because I'm setting up a 75g and redoing the aquascape of a 33g long and 30g cube.

Arlene

Hey Arlene, I am strictly looking for low-light plants. Anubia, swords, crypts. I am stocking a S.A. tank, all appreciate subdued light. I don't know alot about aquarium plants, but I have seen that there is a low-growing, fore-ground mini sword(Lilaeopsis), and also crypt(Parva). I am accepting that the background plants will be, well, not real! That is unless I can get swords to take off! If you have anything in the way of broad or semi-broad leaf plants, I'm interested. I like all anubias and swords. Many thanks, Barry

I'll see what I can let go. I might have some larger A. barteri that I can part with and maybe some Java fern that I need to thin out. I might also have some finer leafed plants like Limnophila sessilflora that I want to get rid of.

Arlene

Beeman

Members
Many thanks Arlene. This loooooong process is finally coming to fruition. Filling the tank and putting in substrate tomorrow. Just in time for the March meeting. 'My tail's wigglin'!!!:D