• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Setting up a 210 gallon tank

daninmd

Members
Worked out a deal today for a custom made glass tank that measures 48" long, 36" front to back, and 28" high. its a dual flow reef ready tank with a pretty nice stand. picking up the tank next weekend and will be working on getting other items i need to complete the setup - most notably a sump, return pump and lighting. have most of everythign else i need.

i already have 4-5 male haps/peacocks and a breeding group of F1 Whiet Top Hara.

Now the fun begins of thinking about stocking options. with 12 SF of footprint its the same area as a 6 foot long 180 tank.

What do you think about stocking levels? I am thinking of adding another 4-5 male hap/peacocks. and then adding 4 more groups of haras. sound workable?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sounds like a pretty kick-butt tank size. Sounds like you want to all male Malawi haps and a couple of mbuna groups? It will likely work, but have seen some pretty strange hybrids come out of that type of combo. Just keep an eye on them.

Have you thought about plumbing/return pump sizes or the sump yet?

Definitely keep us updated. A build thread would be pretty sweet.