• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Reston Fin Fanatics

C

Chuck & Veronica

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce the two of us. My name's Chuck and my wife is Veronica. I'm a long-time hobbyist who has been mostly devoted to goldfish and a few trops. Last year, my wife was bitten by the fish-keeping bug and she's gotten us both interested in Cichlids.

Right now, we only have one Angel and a couple of Oscars, but she's dreaming of us starting an African tank sometime in the future. So we've joined to learn more about Cichlids and meet up with others who are active in this segment of the hobby. I tend to be a social person, and enjoy being active in clubs and groups related to my interest. Happily, fish-keeping is now a family affair for us. ^_^

Between the two of us, we've got three kids (ages 9 to 12), and usually drag one or more of them along with us when we go to fish club meetings. So far, they haven't become hobbyists themselves, although my daughter has a guppy tank in her room. But then, she's the one that keeps telling me I'm obsessed with fish. :rolleyes:

We just got our first copy of Biotope. It's a beautifu and impressive publication! The CCA is to be commended for putting out such a fine journal. Francine, you did an excellent job! I really enjoyed the articles, and we're both really happy to be new members of CCA! We're looking forward to meeting many of you at an upcoming meeting. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help in any way.

Chuck & Veronica

P.S., here's a shot of the two of us in the rainforest exhibit
at the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga.

ChattanoogaButterfly-vs.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Welcome guys.
Thank you for the kind words about the Biotope. Francine does an
Excellent job with it and believe me, we are always looking for
help with things. :D
pat

tgrogan

Members
Flattery will get you anywhere! :lol:

Welcome to the club. I keep a few Malawi Cichlids and I know that several others keep far more than I. If you come to the next meeting, you'll get to learn all about Mike's DIY ideas to keep the hobby cheap...er. :p

Don't hesitate to post questions in the forums.

Welcome.

Terry Grogan

P.S. Did Pat mentioned that all the new people have to buy lunch for everyone else?

Steve

Members
Ooooh, I'm thinking that Chuck and Veronica have just the right experience to pen a quick piece on the Tennessee Aquarium for _The Biotope_. (C'mon, don't you want to help out Francine?)

Hi C & V,

Welcome and feel free to drag those kids right along to the meetings (as I have done).

Cheers,
Steve

C

Chuck & Veronica

Originally posted by tgrogan@Mar 22 2006, 12:52 PM
If you come to the next meeting, you'll get to learn all about Mike's DIY ideas to keep the hobby cheap...er. 
I LIKE that! I like doing DIY stuff sometimes, and cheap is almost always good! ;)

P.S. Did Pat mentioned that all the new people have to buy lunch for everyone else?
Whoa, hoss! I didn't read THAT in the membership rules! :D

Chuck

C

Chuck & Veronica

Originally posted by Steve@Mar 22 2006, 01:24 PM
Ooooh, I'm thinking that Chuck and Veronica have just the right experience to pen a quick piece on the Tennessee Aquarium for _The Biotope_.  (C'mon, don't you want to help out Francine?)
It's doable. We visited the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago in January of this year too. Let me know how many words you want, Francine, and I can write something up for your consideration.

Chuck

C

Chuck & Veronica

Thanks, everyone, for your very kind welcomes! :wub:

Chuck