• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

"Pre-spawn" behavior

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys. This morning when I was feeding the siquia pair I got from rapps at am2, the pair was all colored up and dancing around. The female was also very plump. Their "spawning tubes" weren't out too far so I assumed they'ed spawn in a week or so but when I came back from lacrosse practice (about 5:30) the males tube was completely down and so was the female's. The male is being surprisingly gental with her and not too pushy. They've been going in and out of a coconut cave I put in the tank. I assume that's where they are going to lay eggs. And as Im typing this my male is digging pits in the sand, around the cave. I am super pumped and will post pics soon!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Congrats! How big of a tank do you have them in? I'd recommend dropping in a divider after the spawn unless you have them in a big tank. I've lost way too many females to aggressive males after spawning.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
They are in a 29. I have allot of egg crate lying around so I could defenitely make a divider for them.