• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwes

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

I became REALLY bored with school work, so I took a few minute camera break......

Here are some pics of my wild Pelvicachromis pair.... The male is FINALLY showing decent color!!!!! They are currently in a bare bottom quarantine tank, so please excuse the background......

PelvicachromisTaeniatusMoliwemale02.jpg

PelvicachromisTaeniatusMoliwefemale.jpg

Later!
Amanda.

They are showing nice color. Your's look a lot bigger than the ones I got from Ted Judy last year. I doubt it they are over 2" yet. However, I gotta tell you, they have always been very colorful. I'm going to have to get some new photos of them.

Here are the last shots I took back in December.

13cPelvTaen112207.jpg

13bPelvTaen112207.jpg

13aPelvTaen112207.jpg

cyradis4

Members
Kewl!

Mine are still in quarentine, basically a small tank with filter, so I don't expect them to really color up until they get in a tank with actual plants..... But its nice to know what they will look like!!!

Later!
Amanda.

marge618

CCA member
Amanda and Bobby,
Thanks for posting such interesting pictures. I like the nice coloration. Yes, it is helpful to know what the fish will look like when they are all colored up! I didn't realize there were 9 species of Pelvicachromis until I looked up yours on Cichlid-forum. Very nice fish.

:addpics2:
Later,
Marge