• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

NEW SPAWN

1badmarine

So my RTM's decided to spawn, again, today. Last spawn, I let them eat because I didn't have space. I think I'm gonna try my hand at raising fry this time. Any suggestions from all you successful breeders?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Congrats! Motaguense is one species I have tried to raise on multiple occasions with little success. Can't offer any advice, but good luck with the spawn.

1badmarine

Thanks Jon. The last spawn got to 1/8" inch before they ate them all. The pair are small and in a smaller tank, so I didn't expect the fry to survive. They were good parents though. I have a 10g I'm gonna setup to try and grow some out

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Nice I've seen then go from good parents to bad when the fry are getting to the 1/2 inch range. But for the most part they are good parents.
Good idea with the 10 add an old sponge filter in there so they can pick at the filter when your not feeding or if you can't feed three times a day(small meals) Crushed flakes work just as well just stir it into the water so that chase the moving bits around.

red texas

Members
Congrats,dont take all the fry out,leave some with them ,since its a young pair,if u take them all out,sometimes can cause problems,The male might kill the female,or female get the male,wc every other day,so they grow faster, temp 82,