• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need to Move these guys!

Lively

Members
I have between 40-50 2.5-3" Jack Dempsey's and I really need the tank they are in!

Is anyone interested - anyone have suggestions about how to rehome them?

I would go somewhere like Tropical Lagoon and trade some in for store credit or I think they give you 15-20% retail or something like that. Or just drop them by any LFS and they will have a place for them.

OR, get yourself another tank.

dogofwar

CCA Members
A Rubbermaid makes a good "tank" - a couple of sponge filters and a box filter and you're in business. For that many, you'll need a decent sized one, though. I'm a big fan of the 100-300g feeding troughs :)

Alternately, to thin the hurd, I'll bet that some of the LFS in the area would take / give credit for some of them. It's better to call ahead and see vs. showing up with a bucket full of fish.

I have between 40-50 2.5-3" Jack Dempsey's and I really need the tank they are in!

Is anyone interested - anyone have suggestions about how to rehome them?

longstocking

Members
I know you probably don't like this answer...

feeders? A few members are always looking for feeders that are decent size.

Lively

Members
Actually, Sarah, I have been culling the more recent spawns by using them as feeders to these guys... I realized my mistake pretty quickly when the Jacks were spawning every month like clockwork and the mortality rate of fry in my tanks is low (hoping and praying that's true with the Apistos, too!). There must be 300-400 wigglers from the last spawn - maybe more.

If anyone wants larger feeders - let me know! I don't really have a problem letting the less colorful smaller ones go like that. DQ - I'm hoping soon enough you'll have my problem! lol

Since I don't have any true "local" fish stores (all big box stuff) - I'll have to contact the ones up in MD area.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Lively

Members
Does she need larger feeders? I didn't think about the fact that there are monster keeper members here!

This one is primarily into Saltwater but does have several racks of freshwater fish.

Aquatic World

1049 Edwards Ferry Rd NE
Leesburg, VA 20176 Map

This one has a wall of freshwater fish:

Fins & Feathers

43150 Broadlands Center Plz Ste 154, Broadlands, VA 20148
(703) 726-1655

Not sure that this one actually sells fish:

The Cozy Clownfish
9006 Mathis Avenue
Manassas, VA
Office: 703.257.5690
http://www.thecozyclownfish.com/

This one does a pretty good job. Nice little shop worth visiting. Does work with local breeders for some stock.:

Centreville Aquarium

13830 Lee Hwy # 7, Centreville, VA 20120
(703) 266-2100

After these, its SuperPetz and Wally's in Annandale. Then on to Maryland.

Lively

Members
Aquatic World is gone - they closed up shop a couple of months ago. Should have known something was up, the last time I was in there they were breaking down the big tanks.

I'll give the other two a try - thank you!

Lively

Members
I just finished counting, sizing and guessing on sex. Standard length they range from 1.5" to just over 2" with the majority at 1.75" (I forgot when I eyeballed them the dif between std. and total)

For anyone interested in them for keeping/breeding - I have 14 I'm fairly sure are girls and 50 boys or not showing enough color to tell.

$1.00 each
$7.50 for 10