• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

N. Nigrventris Update

I know Sarah and Daniel probably thought I was going to surprise everyone with photos of my new fry from this pair. Well, there aren't any. But, the male has recently bulked up (length and girth) like a Barry Bonds impersonator. Anyway, recent photos from tonight. I think this is now my new favorite fish...for sure...I think. :rolleyes:

He looked like this not too long ago (February 13, 2007)...
1aNigriventris021307-1.jpg

Just nine months later, he looks like this...
14cNigriventris112907.jpg

I still can't get over the subtle colors...
14bNigriventris112907.jpg

14aNigriventris112907.jpg

And the little lady. She is probably only 60% the size of the male....
14dNigriventris112907.jpg

DeeCee

Members
I agree - awesome colors on that male especially.
What a world of difference those few months have made!

Nice job Bob! (wow-that rhymed)

DC

longstocking

Members
Love the third shot ! One thing I love about these guys is their huge chompers ! But, they can do some damage !

Just be patient Bobby.... patients is the key to these fish. Glad they have become your favorite fish... they are high up on my list as well. Bill loves them... aside from tropheus and discus I think this is Bill's favorite as well. Be proud of yourself.... most people that keep these fish can't keep more than 1 alive in the same aquarium for any length of time.

D

daniel4832

Bobby,
Great shots as always!
Like Sarah, one of my favorite fish. I'm presently growing out a group of juvies, 2"+, pair them off in a month or so, and sell the pairs on AquaBid, and become rich :FIREdevil: Check out what Sarah is getting for her fry.
Thanks,
Daniel

longstocking

Members
I'd be carefull doing that Daniel. The pair bonds aren't that strong as you know. You might end up with a lot of pissed off customers. If the person isn't that good with tangs.... they could easily break the bond.

Just my opinion though.

I had the same idea LOL... since they pair off at an inch or so... decided against it.

Charlutz

Members
I'd be carefull doing that Daniel. The pair bonds aren't that strong as you know. You might end up with a lot of pissed off customers. If the person isn't that good with tangs.... they could easily break the bond.

Just my opinion though.

I had the same idea LOL... since they pair off at an inch or so... decided against it.[/b]

Makes sense, but on places like aquabid, people don't care. You could put right in the ad "these fish give all indications of being a pair, but are notorious for weak pair bonds and killing each other if the bond breaks. That's why they command such a high price tag." People would still bid the price up with dollar signs in their eyes. I wouldn't feel bad about selling with full disclosure. I recently sold some of my softball bats, an Iwaki pump and directv equipment on ebay and got no less than 85% of what I paid for it even though most were outside warranty. I got hundreds of dollars MORE than what I paid for the directv boxes and one of the bats. People go all wacky when it comes to auctions.

longstocking

Members
lol... tang people on aquabid.... they do care.

But yes... if you gave full disclosure I guess that would be ok. You'd still get a negative if the male turned on the female within a couple days. I dunno too risky for me.