• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My red devils first spawn!

1bigdovii

Members
I woke up to a surprise this morning, eggs from my devil pair.
dyj4.jpg

f02w.jpg

pbqw.jpg

aaxs.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

1bigdovii

Members
Congrats, one of my favorite fish to keep, just picked up a pair last weekend.

Thanks! I love all the amphilophus genus. I currently have 4 amph species. Labiatus, Trimaculatum, Hogaboomorum, and amarillo. They are all awesome fish.

Congrats on picking up a devil pair. How big are they? You have any pics? Would like to check them out.

They are about 2 inches now. I had a monster male for 10 years that died this past summer he topped out at about 13 inches, that's him in my avatar.

I am quite fond of this family as well, I currently have trimacs and hogs as well that are in that 2 inch range as well. I will see if I can get some good pics after the photo workshop this weekend have not had any luck taking what i thougth were nice photos up to this point.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Nice looking fish. I really like the creamsickle colors.

I recently picked up a pair of Midas from Rapps. Male is a beautiful yellow and the female is mostly white with a bit of orange. They are just reaching spawning size, so hopefully it won't be long until they get started.

blkmjk

Members
I'm really digging this pair. I only have one amp species at the moment. And not enough tanks to even consider more at the moment. Keep us posted on progress of these.

Drew

Drew isnt that the way we typically do it, see fish, buy fish THEN try to figure out where fish is going. i will be doing some major moving of fish this weekend and i have a number of dovii that i really need to move in that 2-2 1/2 inch range. The freakin Hondurans are nothing but true breeders unfortunalty i cant move the fry quick enough. i am actually hoping nothing else spawns at this time.......

blkmjk

Members
Drew isnt that the way we typically do it, see fish, buy fish THEN try to figure out where fish is going. i will be doing some major moving of fish this weekend and i have a number of dovii that i really need to move in that 2-2 1/2 inch range. The freakin Hondurans are nothing but true breeders unfortunalty i cant move the fry quick enough. i am actually hoping nothing else spawns at this time.......

That is why I'm always moving fish! And spawns of fish I already have... That policy always gets me in trouble. Or kills the new fish I just spent the money on. I am attacking this from a different angle now. I do believe that I need some of the Honduran fry you have... What happened to the umbee fry you got while back? They should be good sized by now...

Drew

The umbee fry didnt quite make it if you know what i mean. If you really want some of the Hondurans I can pull you out some from this last spawn otherwise they are going bye bye

spazmattik

Members

Its the only way I know! Lol. Nice pair you have there!

1bigdovii

Members
They are about 2 inches now. I had a monster male for 10 years that died this past summer he topped out at about 13 inches, that's him in my avatar.

I am quite fond of this family as well, I currently have trimacs and hogs as well that are in that 2 inch range as well. I will see if I can get some good pics after the photo workshop this weekend have not had any luck taking what i thougth were nice photos up to this point.

Oh.. Ok.. I didnt even notice your avatar
till you mentioned it. He was nice. Taking good pics just takes alot of practice. Even with practice it still takes alot of shots for just a few good ones.

Nice looking fish. I really like the creamsickle colors.

I recently picked up a pair of Midas from Rapps. Male is a beautiful yellow and the female is mostly white with a bit of orange. They are just reaching spawning size, so hopefully it won't be long until they get started.

Thanks buddy,
I bet those midas look nice. Rapps always seems to have good looking amphs. I really lucked out with this pair. I only bought 2 because there were only 2 this color variant. They were about 2" when i got them and was lucky enough to have a male and female.

I'm really digging this pair. I only have one amp species at the moment. And not enough tanks to even consider more at the moment. Keep us posted on progress of these.

Drew

Thanks alot Drew.
I know what you mean bro. You have the umbee fever too.lol
I just got 2 new umbees in last week. A very nice female mag x and a project m.
I currently have 4 bloodlines of blue umbee not including the project m.

1bigdovii

Members
Little update. The devil spawn was unsucessfull. They made it to wigglers buy they vanished while i was at work. My best guess is the female ate them. The pair was pissed at each other for a couple days. Then last night the started acting like they are gonna spawn again very soon. Hope they get it right this time.

1bigdovii

Members
My devil pair is spawning again right now. Unfortunately the lights are off. Will get some pics tomorrow. Looks like alot of eggs:)

dany

Members
America chiclids is a very famous fishing club of America. CCA is a cichlid/tropical fish club that is located in Maryland. I have interest in many different types of fishes. Last Friday I decided go to America New world cichlids. I want to share my tour experience of America cichlids here. New world cichlids are a diverse group of fish often referred to as south or Central America cichlids. America cichlids are a nice place and all the visitors enjoy there visit here. . There are different types of fishes here such as fire mouth chichild , Green texas chichild , Rinbow chichild , pink Convict Cichlid , Taxas chiclid. My tour was amazing especially for my younger brother because he love fishes.