• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Moving Day in the "Fish Room"

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I had a busy day moving groups of fish around this afternoon. Hopefully I have things in tanks they can stay in awhile. Some tanks are the permanent home for the groups, some are just growing out until they can move in with the big boys in other tanks. Here's what I moved around:

- Moved a male a. siquia Grenada, Nicaragua from a 29 to a 10 by himself. I pulled a bone head move a month ago and left the top open after a water change and the female jumped, so this guy is going to live the bachelor life.

- Moved a group of 10 grow out cryptoheros nanoleutus from a 10 to the 29. These are a CARES fish I picked up at the ACA this summer. The largest is now around 1.5". Also move a pair of Otapa swordtails to the same 29.

- Moved a group of nannacara that I got from Avatar from a growout 10 (it's under my 55 on end and hard to see) to a 10 that is better viewing.

- Moved a pair of cryptoheros myrnae from a divided 40 breeder to my 120 show tank. They share the tank with a. multispinosis, krobia guianaensis, and adinocara latifrons. The pair hadn't spawned in 6 months or so, so I'm hoping the bigger tank and tank mates will strengthen the pair bond and get them to spawn again.

- Moved a pair of a. kanna Rio Robalo from the divided 40 breeder to a divided 20 long. After losing too many females to their mates because of violence when the male wants to breed, I made an egg crate divider with a small hole that the female can fit through that the male cannot. Seems to be working well so far. I've seen the female go back and forth already and the male is staying on his side.

- Moved a group of 6 theraps wesseli that I got from Rusty Wessel at ACA along with the group of thorichthys aureus I got yesterday from HOT into the 40 breeder. The wesseli are a bit smaller than the aureus and once they get bigger, they'll get a tank to their own.

All this moving, then did water changes on each of the tanks plus a few more. I'll try to get some pics up when I have a minute.

chriscoli

Administrator
Nice! Moving that many fish around is always a HUGE pain....but also very rewarding since it usually results in a reduction of stress overall and everyone is nice and organized again.

I'm overdue for that type of "housekeeping."

dogofwar

CCA Members
Good stuff, Jon!

Give the myrnae a nice cave...mine like a flowerpot with it's opening almost against the back glass. They're kind of secretive spawners, although you know when the female turns colors.

Matt

MarkK

CCA Members
I have a move coming, need to take my Telmatichromis Brichardi out of the 45 tall tank and empty the 45 and put it aside and insert in its place a dual stack of 40 breeders and put the T. Brichardi back into one of the 40's and put something else in the other 40.

Probably have to take a day off from work to get the peace and quiet for the move.