• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Mexican Restaurant

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I love Mexican food and so I wanted to recommend a particular restaurant that I believe serves the most Authentic Mexican Cuisine in the area.

I took the family out the other night and we dined at a place called," El AZTECA at 12210 Clarksville Pike, Clarksville MD 21029."
MexicanRestaurantColumbiaMD.jpg

The food was Awesome!!!:eek:

It was recommended to me by a Mexican couple who I've known for a while now and boy were they right.
BarMexicanRestaurantMaryland2.jpg

I ordered the Enchilada de Mole, tender chicken simmered in their famous Mole sauce, which is Mexico's signature plate. Mole is a spicy chocolate sauce that is famous in good ole Mexico. OMG it was soo good.

My daughter ordered the Fajitas Fiesta Combintion with Chicken, Steak and Shrimp. It was absolutely delicious! I mean this is Gourmet Mexican food and far from Tex Mex food.

The wife had el Chile Verde, which is a Tender Pork in a spicy green tomato sauce with a touch of sour cream and fresh Cilantro and of course all the plates came with refried beans and rice.

MMMMMM mmm good.:happy0100:

I highly recommend it:happy0144:

Atmoshere= Excellent...good ambience.
Dining experience= Excellent
Service= Excellent
Cost= Price relatively well.
Location= pretty good, it's at the intersection of Route 32 and route 108
Spicy rating= Oh yea, Hot Hot Hot! Excellent.
Heartburn= None A+

Overall Rating= 4 star **** A+

Here is their website;
http://www.elaztecamaryland.com/

Enjoy,

Richard

F8LBITE

Members
OOOOOOOOH that does sounds good. The only good Mexican place to eat at around here is Rio Grande in Arlington VA.

longstocking

Members
I usually eat Mexican at los portales (sp? ) by BWI. Fantastic!!

But if you say this is the real deal I will check it out.

No offense to the east coast... as I love it here.... but the mexican always SUXS!

West coast mexican food is YUMMY !!!!! I will even stop at a cart back there !!

Cartel

Members
Iv actually had a hard time finding a place with good authentic Mexican food around here. I'll have to keep this place in mind. Around here the best if found is Tampico Bar and Grill it's usually decent to bangin.

Now I'm in the mood for some salsa con queso and chips! And enchiladas or fajitas mmm nom nom nom

I think the further from the border the harder it is to find good Mexican joints. The southwest and west coast has it down fo sho

longstocking

Members
The wife had el Chile Verde, which is a Tender Pork in a spicy green tomato sauce with a touch of sour cream and fresh Cilantro and of course all the plates came with refried beans and rice.

lol your wife I will get along... that is
what I always order.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Iv actually had a hard time finding a place with good authentic Mexican food around here. I'll have to keep this place in mind. Around here the best if found is Tampico Bar and Grill it's usually decent to bangin.

Now I'm in the mood for some salsa con queso and chips! And enchiladas or fajitas mmm nom nom nom

I think the further from the border the harder it is to find good Mexican joints. The southwest and west coast has it down fo sho
yes that place is good wil! they give you plenty for your money too. my wife went to this one with coworkers its
El Amate

(301) 595-7511
Beltsville
11452 Cherry Hill Rd
Beltsville, MD 20705

she loved the food and i have made it a point to go myself. ;)
dont think this is gourmet though.

Cartel

Members
yes that place is good wil! they give you plenty for your money too. my wife went to this one with coworkers its
El Amate

(301) 595-7511
Beltsville
11452 Cherry Hill Rd
Beltsville, MD 20705

she loved the food and i have made it a point to go myself. ;)
dont think this is gourmet though.

Nothing wrong with that some of my favorite places to eat have been hole in the wall joints.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Good Mexican food is something that I miss since moving here form Cali!

I'll have to check out the place in Clarksville. Chains just don't cut it...

mscichlid

Founder
Samantha's on University Blvd in Riverdale and El Rancho in Silver Spring.

El Rancho has the ceviche made exactly the way I like it.

Samantha's...everything good, especially Carne asada!

Jumbie

Members
I ate at El Rancho last night with a few friends after work...I love that place. My girlfriend always wants to go there in the summer time and eat outside on their patio.

longstocking

Members
this is where I go...

http://www.losportalesinc.com/

no ground beef...

everything is fresh...

Love it.

Not that expensive either....... Bill and I can usually get out for under 40.00.

Matt I hear ya !! I miss my hole in the wall mexican restaurant ! That is the first thing I want when I go to cali.... mexican and Inn & Out.

Cartel

Members
Holy cow someone knows about In N' Out on this side of the country!?!?!? The best burger joint hands down! I'm back to SoCal for a week in July and that is the first place I'm hitting up. There's no jack in the box out here either... or sonic.....

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I love to eat and eat a lot. I went here *www.fogodechao.com@ the harbor by espnzone, for my birthday. let me tell you as long as you have the green side of a card up they keep bringing food to your table straight from the grills. you need a break just flip it to red. I thoroughly enjoyed the service and food. its about 150 for two but well worth it. I stopped counting after the third ribeye........mmmm mmmm! some kind of good.

Lively

Members
Umm, now I'm hankering for some good Mexican food! Sister and her family are coming up from Richmond this weekend and I've been charged with making those "chimmy thingies" My mom won't make them from my brother-in-law - he loves fried flour tortilla's.

When she was pregnant with me, my parents had dinner at a Mexican couple's house. Mom came home with the recipie for "taco sauce" I've loved the stuff since before I was born... lol