• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Leaking 150g

D-money

Members
Alright, any thoughts on what would cause a 150g tank to suddenly start to leak from the bottom? There are no obvious cracks so I thinking maybe water pressure could cause a seal failure? Looks like its leaking near the middle and not in the corners. Would a low PH ( 6-6.5)over time cause this?

Anyway, Who has a 6 foot 150 they are looking to move asap?

Thanks,

Dave

Acpape0

Members
I am interested in the leaking tank depending on demensions .... There are a lot of 150s on cl right now but only 18" wide ones. A few for under $200

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

How tall is your 150? Tall tanks are vulnerable leaker due to higher pressure, besides it is hard to reach the bottom.

D-money

Members
Its a std 72 x 18...Been set up for 10yrs and just yesterday I had about 10gallons of water on the floor dripping from the back of the tank...ugh.

AquaStudent

Members
I think the greatest cause for a leaking tank is if it was not level. That allows a side to have more of the pressure on it. Just visualizing the situation though I'd expect that to be more of an issue for the side seams.