• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Last time for tropheus

jerolli

Members
This is it for me and tropheus. All they do is bully each other until the dominant male systematically annihilates all the others of his kind! Just disgusted as I watched six of them in my 75 gal trickle down to three and the dominant male continues to take out the remaining two. Arghhh.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Why not give them more room or rearrange the tank. Sell the bully and start over. HOT has some nice looking Tropheus.

YSS

Members
You need at least 12 to start with and preferrably around 20 to keep a balanced tropheus tank. 6 in a 75G is asking for what you are exactly getting.

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Really sorry to hear that :(

It sux losing fish. You might have better luck with a larger group, it helps to disperse the aggression. I personally won't sell a group of fry smaller than 20, I think it gives both the fish and the buyer the best chance at having a healthy and happy troph colony. If you do decide to try them again go for a larger group.

Again, sorry to hear your having problems with them :(