• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Krib spawn

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
My super red male kribensis has spawned with my yellow krib female. They dug under the glossostigma and flourite at the front of my 54 corner and have laid the eggs against the glass. The parents are taking turns guarding the eggs.

Photo0424[1].jpg

Photo0422[1].jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Nice, dude! Congrats! Is it the first time they've spawned?

They definitely have good taste to dig under the glosso. Never had good luck with that stuff, but when it takes, it looks totally awesome. Do you have any full tank shots?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
They are a newly introduced pair so this is their first spawn. The glosso is just beginning to spread over the foreground. I have to do some repair work once the babies are feree swimming. The parents really messed up the glosso when digging their breedind pit. Plus there is some baby tears (which I thought I had fully removed) that seems to be growing through part of the glosso. I will post pics when it is all cleaned up. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
They are a newly introduced pair so this is their first spawn. The glosso is just beginning to spread over the foreground. I have to do some repair work once the babies are feree swimming. The parents really messed up the glosso when digging their breedind pit. Plus there is some baby tears (which I thought I had fully removed) that seems to be growing through part of the glosso. I will post pics when it is all cleaned up. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

I was never good at growing the smaller foreground plants. It takes some real patience and planning. Sorry the Kribs wrecked it. As a first spawn though, it's probably worth it. :)

Please do post some more pics when you get a chance.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
It does take patience growing glosso, but not much planning beyond 150w 8k HQI, RO/DI water and 5lb co2 cylinder at 4 bubbles per second. The hardest part is getting enough flow to the bottom front of the tank to prevent cyano/algae build up.

The eggs hatched over the weekend and are now a cluster of wigglers that are too small for my pos camera to pick out from the gravel. I will post new pics soon.