• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Krib Spawn

zackcrack00

Members
I came home expecting eggs today after doing my new breeding water and diet schedule, and voila! They had eggs. Around 100, much smaller brood but I am still exited!!! I just hope that they don't eat the little fry again! My schedule went like this: Day one: Lower temp and feed all meals frozen bloodlines, Day two: repeat, Day three: spike temp to 80 and I saw her optivisor no feeding except one small bloodworms cube in the morning, Day four, feed once in morning, spike temp to 82, Day 5 EGGS!

zackcrack00

Members
I will try to "hook you up" Aldrich, even if you were just kidding. :) G*d knows how many fish you have now. :D Anyway, I will try to take some pics this time! My computer wouldn't upload them, and then I got grounded for a bad grade report. Anyway, they are still good, and if anyone has bred these before, how many times does it take for them to raise fry?

zackcrack00

Members
They are good, good and just starting to hatch. I will try to uploads pics when my computer gets fixed. It broke again, go figure. -_-

Ading522

Members
My computer is fixed! I will start to try to upload some. How long before the fry's yolk sacs are gone?

should be maybe a week or so? but i think it depends on environmental conditions.. from what i have read about raising fry,- and honestly i don't know if it applies to all- temperature, food/feedings, and water quality will affect the growth of the fry..high temp:faster growth, but would need more feedings because of increased metabolism; food/feeding: depends on what kind of food and how many times you feed; water quality: i think the most important of all for fry health.. i know i read somewhere in this forum about someone using plastic containers with no water flow to raise fry-less movement, less energy spent= faster growth..you just had to be on top of daily water changes.. i hope this helps you zack.. good luck on raising fry!:)

chriscoli

Administrator
They'll be free swimming soon....ultimately they'll be free swimming when they're ready. Have fun watching them. These are really easy fry to raise....in fact, I had so many survivors that I was overrun with them and still haven't found homes for them all.

They're pretty undemanding as far as aquarium conditions.

zackcrack00

Members
Thanks. I got VERY scared just now! I went and took a look at the fry, and they were swimming up the urn on the inside, I couldn't see them, until a few fell out. Will they be okay on the gravel? And should I feed a bit of frozen BBS now???

dogofwar

CCA Members
You should feed them if they're free swimming.

Best thing is to use some airline tubing or a turkey baster to direct the food into the swarm of fry...

Matt

zackcrack00

Members
I can DEFINITELY tell that they're yolk sac are not gone, though. I'm not going to be at the meeting, sorry, Lucas!

zackcrack00

Members
I am going to June, but STUPID LACROSSE games wont let me! Ugghh Geeks and Jocks don't mx, LOL! And I hate not beng there, now I'm praying very hard that it rains (OVER AND OVER AGAIN) so I miss the game!!!!!!!!!!!

zackcrack00

Members
I really wont make it: Lacrosse games 1.5 hours, and starts at 3, thats 4:30, and its 1 hour away, = 5:30... See ya in June! Lacrosse ends soon!