• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Konnings DVD - Malawi Feeding Behavior

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I've been talking about it since we had Ad in and finally decided to pull the trigger on it. I ordered it from Cichlid Press so that hopefully, Ad would get a few more bucks off the sale than buying it through a third-party site.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/videos/review_dvd-malawi-cichlids.php

Got home too late to watch it last night, but plan on popping a beer and checking it out tonight.... Can't wait. :D

DVD-viewing party anyone?

Last edited:

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Anyone know of any good DVD's about New Worlds?
All of these have great underwater shots:

Amazon Abyss (5 part series)
Piranha: Wolf in the Water (lots of other fish in the show)
Equator: Rivers of the Sun (Equator is a 6 part series but this is the one you want to watch for fish) - if you were only going to watch one I'd recommend this one.

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
All of these have great underwater shots:

Amazon Abyss (5 part series)
Piranha: Wolf in the Water (lots of other fish in the show)
Equator: Rivers of the Sun (Equator is a 6 part series but this is the one you want to watch for fish) - if you were only going to watch one I'd recommend this one.

I've seen Rivers of the Sun. I agree that it is is very cool. I will see if I can find the the others. Thanks.

Tony, sorry to hijack your thread.:)

Tony

I've seen Rivers of the Sun. I agree that it is is very cool. I will see if I can find the the others. Thanks.

Tony, sorry to hijack your thread.:)

Nah dude, not at all. I love these videos.

Chris - Sorry, didn't mean getting together tonight, but I'd be down to have folks over next weekend if that works? Maybe Saturday for brews and fish?

Let me check with mama first to see if we're already doing something, but it sounds like it could be fun.

Tony

Watched the video...part last night and finished it this morning. :)

Seriously awesome. Definitely down to have folks over next week to check it out. We'll coordinate.

Tony

Tony let us know how the DVD is after you watch it.

I did. It was pretty cool.

Strangely though, I suddenly have the urge to collect different types of mbuna and grow copious amounts of algae in their tanks. :)

Oh yeah, and Otopharynx ovatus is a bada$$.

Tony

OK. So after some discussion with the boss, we potentially have a dog adoption event on Saturday morning, but will be free early afternoon.

We'd like to have folks over at 3:00 this Saturday (1/23/10) to check out the tanks and watch the Konnings video.

We'll have soft drinks and if enough folks say they want to come over, I'll make a big pot of venison chili. BY0B and if a couple of folks could grab some chips or something light, that would be cool.

To those of you who haven't been to my house, I live roughly at the corner of Great Seneca Highway and Quince Orchard Road in Gaithersburg (about 10 mins off exit 9 - 370 off of 270). I'll PM you my address/phone number after you confirm you want to attend.

I'd like to keep it somewhat small (20 folks max), so respond on this post or shoot me a PM sooner than later. Posting here would be preferable since my PM box is somewhat full.

You must be a CURRENT (ie: paid for 2010) CCA member to attend. :D

Looking forward to it.

Tony

BTW: As some of you know, I have 2 dogs. They are 60-70 pounds each and big sweethearts. Timmy is a puppy and will jump up on you occasionally when you first come in, but will calm down quickly. Just wanted to throw out the warning for folks afraid/allergic to dogs.

Last edited:

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'll plan to bring some chips and soda (you know my theory). The DVD should be cool, but at a minimum we get to hang out and check out your sweet tanks.

iamzrad

Members
I have a photoshoot on location early Saturday morning, I will do my best to be out by 3-4pm then I can head down.