• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Jeff Rapps - Group Buy?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm planning an order from Jeff Rapps next week. Anyone else want in?

Shipping via UPS runs about $20-25, so splitting it a couple of ways makes it quite reasonable.

Here's his list: www.tangledupincichlids.com

I can pick up the box in Rockville and meet somewhere close...

PM me and let Jeff know what you'd like if you'd like in...

Thanks,
Matt

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I'm after 2 of these: Krobia sp. ‘Xingu orange’ 1” The soonest I could pick them up would be the weekend of the 28th. If that doesn't work than maybe next time.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Anyone know much about the tomocichla seiboldi on Jeff's list? Can't seem to find much info on them on the web.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Really nice Costa Rican fish. Not too big. Amazing breeding colors. Really rough on each other, although I've never kept them. I've wanted them forever...just never had the right set-up...

Matt

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Already heard back from Jeff. I think I will do 4 for now with hopes of getting a pair.

Any one else in for the order?

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Dang, he's got the plecos I want... I'm already coming over for the cichlids & herps group buy but we're not sure when they are coming in. The wife would kill me if I made 2 trips to the city for fish...

dogofwar

CCA Members
They're coming on thurs to Gaithersburg...

So far we have me, jon and mike (Dangerchicken)...maybe one more

Anyone else?

Thanks
Matt

Jumbie

Members
Man Matt I am trying so hard not to go in on this order with you guys that my hands are shaking as I am typing this LOL! I would love to but money is a little tight at the moment may be next time. Looks like I could always depend on you Jon, and Kevin to go in with me on a Rapps order.

Here is what I would get... Krobia "Xingu Orange" I have wanted these ever sense I seen Matt’s for the first time a few years ago, Caquetaia "Myersi" these guys are really mean so I need to add some more to the few I have left, Tomocichla "Sieboldi" I personally think Panama cichlids always have beautiful color displays, Herichthys "Deppi" I need a few more the last time Jeff had these I got a bunch but they did not do well during the shipping FYI to whoever plans on getting them, and last but not least the exCichlasoma "Ornatus"!

Matt Jeff donated to the ACA silent auction two bags of the 1.5" "Ornatus" 6 in one and 8 in the other to the starting out at $100. No one was bidding on them so I put my name down with 3 min to spare and someone beat me by $1 on both bags.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Order has been made. I ended up changing my mind on the deppi after talking to some folks who had kept them in the past. Ended up getting a pair of spilurus and a pair of heckeli.

Anyone else in on the order?

dogofwar

CCA Members
The fish arrived this AM for our group buy...and a bunch that Jim at Tropical Fish World ordered for the store...

I got a pair of the wild Cichlasoma bimaculatum "Suriname" and some Krobia. Jon Clark got some spilurum and some heckelii, and Mike got some rare plecos.

Jim got a bunch of really cool stuff for the store: heckelii, Red isletas, umbees, pbass (nice size orinos, I think).

Of course everything was packed nicely and looks good.

...'til next order :)

Matt