• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Is my water unsafe?

Nick540

Members
I have fish already in it it's a 75 gallon running for about a week and a half I used the api master kit anyway my ammonia is 0 to 0.25 nitrate 40 to 80 ppm PH 7.4 to .76 and nitrite 2.0 to 5.0 ppm sure my tank has a large bio load but I've started doing water changes every other day about about 30 to 40 %

TeamPisces

CCA Members
I have fish already in it it's a 75 gallon running for about a week and a half I used the api master kit anyway my ammonia is 0 to 0.25 nitrate 40 to 80 ppm PH 7.4 to .76 and nitrite 2.0 to 5.0 ppm sure my tank has a large bio load but I've started doing water changes every other day about about 30 to 40 %

Did you cycle the tank before adding livestock? Ammonia and nitrites should not be present. I don't know how long you need to keep the current percentage of water changes, but with that frequency, I also don't know when your biological filtration would be established. You might also want to post what your stocking? Other with more experience may offer additional advice/suggestions. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app