• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Is it the season....

chriscoli

Administrator
Is it the season....or is it because I'm waaay behind on my waterchanges?

In the past two weeks, I've had three different Ancistrus all spawn within days of each other...First were the green dragons, then the L279s, then L144s.

Anyone else had this happen, or is it just coincidence?

Jmty

Members
No experience like that but when you are ready to sell let me know,
Will be interested in green dragons and l279 thanks

More than likely its the water changes. Ive always had better breeding after a water change with my catfish. The cooler water added to the tanks helps a lot to stimulate breeding

chriscoli

Administrator
More than likely its the water changes. Ive always had better breeding after a water change with my catfish. The cooler water added to the tanks helps a lot to stimulate breeding

Right I would normally agree, but I'm behind on my waterchanges. I havent' done them yet.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Probably something in the water!! LOL

More likely just a coincidence that they all spawned about the same time. But it does say you are feeding the ancistrus the right stuff.

It may be the season then because several of my plecos I had I had to unplug the heater at night to get cooler water temps and then plug it back in during the day so they would spawn. Are your temps dropping any during the night?

chriscoli

Administrator
It may be the season then because several of my plecos I had I had to unplug the heater at night to get cooler water temps and then plug it back in during the day so they would spawn. Are your temps dropping any during the night?

The temps haven't dropped that I noticed......hmmmm....but now that I think of it, I was out of town for a week. I wonder if a bit of fasting followed by some gluttony did the trick.

Or, as Frank said, it could all just be coincidence!

Are your green dragons long-finned? My boy needs a girl friend

Why yes, they are long-finned! :) Their first spawn wasn't very large, so we'll see how many survive. I ended up with two boys and a girl out of my trio and she's still pretty darn small! I expect future spawns to be a bit larger.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Rock on, Chris! Hopefully my little suckers will take a queue from your and get to making babies. :)