• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Inception... Anybody see it? Your thoughts? ***BEWARE OF EPIC SPOILERS***

emartin

Members
***BEWARE OF EPIC SPOILERS*** And even if you did read them, you wouldn't understand any of it anyway until you saw the movie or read the script.

I saw Inception opening day in Imax at White Marsh theater in Baltimore on Friday (spent the night and saturday at my brother's new apartment and checked out ArtScape (OMG at the prices they were asking for food and drink. $10 for the equivalent of 2-3 (depending on the vender) super small chicken fingers and the equivalent of a small fry at any fast food chain with no beverage (not even a cup of water...). I didn't eat anything there because of that).

Inception is now my favorite Science Fiction film of all time (Star Wars doesn't count, that's fantasy. Alien+Aliens is horror, and Terminator is in a category of its own).

I can't stop thinking about the movie, especially because of the ending. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack (I'm a huge movie score fan (Hans Zimmer, John Williams, James Horner, James Howard, Klaus Badelt, A.R. Rahman, etc)). And most of all...I want to see the movie again!

***EPIC SPOILER ALERT***
Now with the ending, I personally think the movie is simple. Cobb came back to reality and the top (his totem) would've eventually stopped spinning despite the editing since it started to wobble (where it would've kept spinning flawlessly and perpetually if he was still dreaming).

Here's the problem. All the other times in the movie you see him spin the top...he stops it before he can truly find out what is going on (if he's in a dream or awake). Other people say that when he is in Mombasa and tries the new powerful sedative, from then on he's in the dream because he sees Mal in the mirror's reflection in the bathroom. Other people suggest Cobb was dreaming the whole time. Cobb informs to Ariadne (Ellen Page) in the movie that the dreamer's subconscious detects the intrusion of the other people and sends their projections of people to attack the intruders like how white blood cells attack virii and infections. Mal later in the film at 5 levels down (dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream) (who I believe is a projection of Cobb's mind in the dream) attempts to give Cobb a revelation that maybe he is the dreamer, after all Cobb has a corporation he calls Cobol with a death warrant on him, he can't go back to the USA to be with his family so the USA authorities are after him...etc. But then again, if Cobb is dreaming why would his own subconscious attack him through 'Cobol' and USA law enforcement?

I, and other people have a theory for that. One, is that Cobb is still in limbo to the point where he is dreaming inside his already limbo self (kind of an infinite loop type thing) and that's why his subconscious is attacking him. Or, that he is actually in Saito's dream and that Saito is actually pulling a 'Mr. Charles' on him to try and get information out of Cobb (extraction) or do perform inception onto him.

Anyway here's a link that has even more theories and explains it all better: http://www.cinematical.com/2010/07/19/dissecting-inception-six-interpretations-and-five-plot-holes/

So what do you guys think that saw the movie? Was the whole movie a dream and Cobb is in limbo? Were the parts leading up to Mombasa before he tries the sedative real and after he takes the sedative everything after that is his dream? Or that he really does wake up after trying the Sedative and at the end of the movie he really does come back to reality and is reunited with his family in USA and Christopher Nolan just edited the final scene with the spinning top to f*ck around with our heads (LOL)???

I personally think it's the latter...

~Ed

emartin

Members
Behind the scenes video/interview with Christopher Nolan and cast members:
[yt]<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m29qEIaFI-4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m29qEIaFI-4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/yt]

[yt]<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZKz0A9nJOs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZKz0A9nJOs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/yt]

[yt]<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Sd0ff1sbJU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Sd0ff1sbJU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/yt]

emartin

Members
[yt]<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j0r0aDfW2UM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j0r0aDfW2UM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/yt]

Anybody? Nobody has seen it yet? I thought for sure there was a decent number of scifi and Christopher Nolan (Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, Prestige, Dark Knight) fans here... :confused:

Cartel

Members
I started to read your post then realized I'm too lazy for all that shiz. So I decided to just go see it. Great movie def a mind****

emartin

Members
I started to read your post then realized I'm too lazy for all that shiz. So I decided to just go see it. Great movie def a mind****
What'd you think of it? Favorite scenes?

I liked the beginning where they are attempting to perform extraction on Saito (Ken Watanabe) at the Japanese castle-looking place, but it goes horribly wrong, and then the Ski Fortress scenes.

I certainly hope they do graphic novel or anime (animated shows) based off the whole concept in the movie... They did that with the Matrix (made an animated show called Animatrix).

Last edited:

cmcpart0422

Members
Just saw this movies with my girlfriend this weekend and it was amazing! I loved the originality of the movie and how your own mind never slows down the whole time.

Favorite scene was when they were all in the van and the driver rolls it down a hill and it alters the gravity of the dream they are currently in. That fight scene was so cool it was like watching two spiders duke it out.

Great movie and im sure I will see it again.

Cartel

Members
My favorite part is at the end when the whole theater held thier breath during the last few seconds waiting for the totem to stop. I also love when Saito realizes he owns the airline company they are wanting to purchase tickets for lol.

Other then that it's hard for me to pick a favorite scene because the whole movie is good.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Well, I finally got a chance to see "The Inception" last night.

Consequently, I woke up this morning still trying to figure out all the intricate scenes and twists of capturing time sequence and layer after layer of deep dream scape. OMG, that was a Special Movie!

Amazing! Your mind just races through out the movie just trying to not only catch up, but react to every phrase and gesture including the actual moment that is about to happen in order to see what will be the domino affect from what just occured.

All the scenes for me were VERY well acted. The cast chosen was Superb! The Directing and Cinematography was Outstanding. In it's own way, Inception is Epic in the manner of which it translates the story to the audience so they can comprehend the complexities of the plot.

It's a genius of a story! Leonardo Decaprio was Magnificent and his wife in the movie was beyond Hot in my opinion.

Nonetheless, every scene in the movie was my favorite. Now, if you guys are going to see this movie remember to open your mind because the story is predicated on manipulation of dreams.

I'm still stumped on whether or not Leonardo stayed in Limbo or not.

Furthermore, when I left the movie and went to the bathroom something weird happened to me. Everyone one I passed or walked by was starring at me like in the movie. Ya know! Weird Dude~

Nevertheless, you guys have to see the movie even though some will say it's underrated, it's not. It's a Maze of a movie that makes you think and go WOW, who thought of this? This is a Deep Deep Deep movie Dudes!

Finally, my favorite little part was when what's his name asks the girl in the movie for a kiss to distract the other people in that dream layer at the hotel. LOL! Funny!
:lol:

There you go Ed, I finally saw it buddy and it was really worth the money. We actually saw it in Extreme Digital at CinaMark Egyptian 24 and the Screen was Humongous! The leather seats were so comfortable I was reaching for a seat belt. LMAO!

Anyways, go see it...

Richard

Last edited:

Cartel

Members
Yup best place to catch a movie in the area IMO that's where I saw it too. I almost want to see it again while in theaters.

emartin

Members
Where is that movie theater?

A few weeks ago I saw a movie at Landmark Theaters Harbor East in Baltimore. Too bad we don't have theaters like that in NJ...just Imax Digital...

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
It was a'ight I guess. :p

It's funny you said that because that is exactly the first thing I said when I stood up and stretched when the movie was over. LOL! It was A'ight! LMAO! However, it's when I left the theatre that I began to realize that the movie was in my head. I guess you say tomato and I say tomhato...

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Finally got to see the movie tonight. What a well done film. I think it is one that would be just as good the second time around.

emartin

Members
I just saw this video on youtube, I thought it was pretty funny... :)

[yt]N03X7RApD9c[/yt]

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif