• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

i want to breed A. Borellii

ddavila06

Members
does anyone know optimal conditions for these guys to breed? i read online they like caves.. i feed frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, algea waffers which i see them take, kens flake food. tank is heavily planted, a 75gallon. there is a new colony of sm. aspidoras in the bottom aside from the clown plecos and bushy nose. so what you guys think?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
The bushynose will eat the cichlid eggs as soon as they are laid. The clown pleco may too. I have found adding peat tea or Almond leaves or alder cones to soften the water. I have bred A. Panduro this way twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

verbal

CCA Members
My strawberry apistos lay eggs(and have gotten fry to the free swimming stage) in a tank with BN plecos. The female always uses a ceramic cave with a small opening. I think it was specifically designed for cave spawners.

ddavila06

Members
yeah my nannacara raised the fry with plecos and snails in the same tank.
so a cave uh? i guess i don't have any for them, all the long ones taken by the plecos lol
i don't know what my ph is but i guess they like it soft, hence the almond leaves?
thanks for the replies!