• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

HRP A. sp. Rio Danli

chriscoli

Administrator
I got a pair of these in the May CCA auction (I believe they were from Mahesh?)

I've got them in a 40b with a few other fish and a ton of driftwood. They're a very shy pair so I've been trying to leave them alone and give them time to settle in.

I noticed them out and about this evening, and it looks like they're going to give spawning a try. Her tube is down and he's flaring his gills at everyone else in the tank.

These are beautiful fish! I did not realize how blue they were when I got them! It may look like I over-enhanced the photo, but this is really what they look like with just the camera flash.

A Rio Danli-0639.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
They're really quite wonderful fish and much different than regular "convicts": smaller, bluer, mellower, smaller spawns.

The pairs that Mahesh had in the auction were from my stock. I got mine (F1's) from Jeff Rapps at the ACA we hosted (in 2011?) and Mahesh got fry from me. I ended up with a pair from the auction as well (for a steal, unfortunately).

Way too many HRPs are of unknown provenance. These guys are the real deal and look awesome :)

Matt

chriscoli

Administrator
They're really quite wonderful fish and much different than regular "convicts": smaller, bluer, mellower, smaller spawns.

The pairs that Mahesh had in the auction were from my stock. I got mine (F1's) from Jeff Rapps at the ACA we hosted (in 2011?) and Mahesh got fry from me. I ended up with a pair from the auction as well (for a steal, unfortunately).

Way too many HRPs are of unknown provenance. These guys are the real deal and look awesome :)

Matt

It was the provenance that made me look up from what I was doing and bid.