• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Howdy Friends

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
I know it's been a while since I've been around and I apologize. Definitely haven't forgotten about all my friends here. Figured I'd drop in and say Hi. I've been keeping busy with my new hobby (Pyrotechnics), going here and there, learning, having fun and blowing stuff up. I've been to PA, Southern WV, VA, Southern MD, and even Jersey to help with Fireworks Displays. This 4th season I'll be working the Greenbelt show as well as the Chevy Chase show, both are over your way. Haven't committed to other shows yet, want to see what all my options are before I commit to any other shows. I've gotten my name out there and busted my arse on every show I've worked on which has earned me a trip to St. Louis MO in September, won't be making any money on that trip, it's more of a reward and opportunity to meet some big names in the pyro business. Kinda like going to a fish convention. Not sure when I'm going to start shooting shows as the lead shooter, I'm having to much fun just working on them. I turned down an offer to get my VA license for free and be the lead on 2 shows in VA this year. No need in turning my new hobby into another stressful job with to many responsibilities just yet although the offer was flattering. I did shoot my own display at the Mid Atlantic Fireworks Festival a few weeks ago. It was one of nine displays that night. Mine was a computer fired pyromusical (fireworks choreographed to music). I spent 4 months just on the choreography, setup was brutal... Thurs 15hrs, Fri 13 hrs, Sat 12 hrs, then tore down till 2:30am, back on Sun tearing down from 9am till 3pm. I proved alot to alot of people with it tho. I had 11 firing modules that shot the show, lost communication to 1 of em so it didn't fire it's cues but the show was still one of the best of the night. If module 3 would have fired I would have blown the lid off the place. Here's the video if anyone is interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqBQREbVpv4

Hopefully I'll have time to get over there to hang out with y'all again soon. I met alot of great friends thru the CCA and I have definitely missed them.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks for posting up. We definitely miss you around here and at get-togethers, Mike. Sounds like you're having some good fun though.

I'd like to make it out to one of those shows some time. Seeing 9 displays in one night would make for a helluva good time, I think.

If you're ever in the area, stop by for a beer and get your fish fix. :)

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Thanks verbal, Jon, and Tony ;)

Tony, the next event like that will be in November. It is a public display held on a friends farm. Even tho it's a public display, it's not advertised. Although the farm is large, I think we outgrew it this spring without advertising it. There was 30 acres of parked cars and another 100+ cars parked on the road according to a police officer that stopped in. It's estimated there were between 750-1000 vehicles, well over 2000 people, and CNN was there filming/interviewing. If it's held on the farm again, it's near La Plata. If your serious about wanting to come, I'll keep you updated. I can gaurantee you this, the 1 hour of open shooting before the displays is as good as any 4th show you'll see and better than most will ever see. Yah, that's a bold statement but it's true.

One of these days we'll definitely have to hang out, where we can just sit back and chill for while.