• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How to breed corydoras?

andrew1002

Members
I would like to breed my cory catfish. I have five of them all emerald green cory cats. So besides using cooler water when doing water changes what else can I do? They eat sinking pellets for bottom dwellers and any leftover sinking cichlid food that sinks to bottom. Anything at all I can do to promote breeding? I have plecostomus in the tank and I know they are egg eaters so I will have to work that out. And ill put the eggs in my 10 gallon. I will pick up as many corys in as soon as possible as I can. So ill be getting like 3 more probably. Any ideas? What exactly do i do other than add cool water? Thanks!

-Andrew

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Water changes

For easy species the ticket is usually a lot of live food or frozen blood/blackworms for a few days plus followed by a massive water change. Someimes one can just move them to a new tank with clean water and get instant results - a ten is adequate for most species to spawn, few pieces of slate and some Anubias won't hurt, but most are content with a clean piece of glass.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Getting them to spawn is easy... raising their nearly-microscopic fry is not.