• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help with convicts

Fishman

Members
I have a large amount of convicts i need to sell.
i posted them on craigslist and have called local stores ( none want them)

Any ideas. ( id rather not just give them away if possible)

also once i get rid of them.... what are some good cichlids that are easy to breed, but are popular enough to be able to sell their fry. that also look nice
basically what should i get next?

Thanks for your help.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Can't help you on taking baby cons off you hands as I have enough of my own. As for what to try to breed next, a lot will depend on the size of your tank. To stay with a pair similar in size to the cons, you could try one of the rarer cryptoheros species like sajica, myrnae, HRP, or nanoleuteus. There may be more of a market to sell those fry to both stores and other hobbyists directly.

Fishman

Members
thanks for the ideas
i currently only have a 29 g tank
with a pleco and convicts

i had an albino rainbow shark, but he died earlier this week-- due to a fungus and being picked on by the convicts

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
House of Tropicals is outside of Baltimore.

For a tank that size, you can do small cichlids. Apistos would be fine. They will not get along with your convicts though. Not many fish will.

If you are looking to make money, breeding fish is not the way to do it. You may be able to defray the cost of the hobby a bit, but not ever really make money. Believe me.

Get fish that you want to keep because you like the fish, not because of potential fry resale value down the road. Doing this will save you a whole lot of frustration in the long run.

Good luck. :)