• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help me classify Umbee please

Harleyrider5

Members
I picked up this umbee from greenbelt. Im not sure what type of umbee he is. I apologize alls I have is a camera phone to work with

Sent from my SPH-L520 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1388100030523.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388100044519.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1388100060170.jpg

blkmjk

Members
Pull him out and snap a pic. I can't tell its even an umbee . All I've ever seen up there is Rio Mags. But that doesn't mean that something else couldn't make it up there like a Gorillus. But I don't think they would even know what a Gorillus umbee is. Much less sell it as an umbee.

Drew

spazmattik

Members
I asked the guy at tropical lagoon what kind of umbees he had.. He said the guy that he bought them from said they were super blues. Maybe you got some super blues too. lol

blkmjk

Members
Brandon,

The picture provided still is not clear enough to make a definite determination. I do know that they did have spectibilis cast offs from tparker in the store at one point. If the fish is south American I think you can throw out the possibility of it being a hybrid. Only one confirmed case of hybridization that I know of and it was with a convict and a convict like fish who's name is escaping me at the moment.

It does have umbee like barring IMO and an umbee like body shape.

Let it grow..

Drew