• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Green Terror Female Advice

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Well, a few weeks ago I went into Tropical Fish World and they had a green terror that someone had recently traded in. It looked pretty nice and I had always wanted one, so I brought it home.

My concern was how it would get along with my Blue Acara. I figured the 180 gallon tank was big enough for them to get along and if things didn't work out I could always rehome one of them. Well, I came home to the opposite problem this afternoon. The two have become best buddies and are vigorously protecting a clutch of eggs on one side of the tank. Not exactly what I had planned but it will provide some live food for the others in the tank pretty soon and none of the fry will leave my tank. I am not very good at sexing these type of fish but I think the GT is the female - she is more closely guarding the eggs.

My question to anyone who has had GT's in the past - some of the sources I have researched on various forums have indicated that GT females stop growing once they have spawned. Right now, she is only around 3". Can I expect her to stay this size, or is the information I have read incorrect?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Jon, if you wanted to swap out the acara, I brought in a 5" male green terror the other day.