• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

From fry to stunner. F2 rio mag umbee from BLKMJK (pic heavy)

1bigdovii

Members
Hi guys. Im gonna take you on a journey through the growth of a beautiful male from my group of f2 rio mag umbees from Drew (blkmjk). I hope ya'll enjoy watching this guy grow as much as i have. Got them @ 3/4" maybe 4 months ago. Today he is 3.5". Ok lets get this started:)
kruw.jpg

gkob.jpg

0ogx.jpg

uq68.jpg

6v6x.jpg

kfxv.jpg

f6n4.jpg

fm1u.jpg

n7fp.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

1bigdovii

Members
They sure do buddy. I will definately keep you guys updated on him.

blkmjk

Members
This guy is amazing! I am stunned by this little guy... Going to definitely grow out some from their latest spawn and see if I can't get one of those keepers for myself. I feel a repurposing of one of my tanks coming on soon. And you said you had others that would be cast offs from this same batch ??? Hit me up when your ready to move them out!

Drew

1bigdovii

Members
This guy is amazing! I am stunned by this little guy... Going to definitely grow out some from their latest spawn and see if I can't get one of those keepers for myself. I feel a repurposing of one of my tanks coming on soon. And you said you had others that would be cast offs from this same batch ??? Hit me up when your ready to move them out!

Drew

Thanks Drew.:)
Thanks for helping me get ahold of these guys. I surprised you havent grown any out yourself yet. I have most of the extras sold im only keeping 4. I have one other possible male just a little smaller than this guy that im growing out. If it does turn out male ill hold it for you. I may have a extra female too.

blkmjk

Members
Thanks Drew.:)
Thanks for helping me get ahold of these guys. I surprised you havent grown any out yourself yet. I have most of the extras sold im only keeping 4. I have one other possible male just a little smaller than this guy that im growing out. If it does turn out male ill hold it for you. I may have a extra female too.

Just haven't had the space to keep them for myself. I will be now... I sold most of the others and gave away a bunch. I do have two from a later batch that are surviving their current tankmates. But I only see them sporadically. Might pull them and give then their own digs...

Drew

rich_one

Members
Colors are a little washed out on these due to bad lighting, so I'll take more pics when I get them in my tank and they settle down, but here is the pair I'll have on hand tomorrow!

-Rich

Umbee 1.jpg

Umbee 2.jpg

Umbee 5.jpg

Umbee 6.jpg

Umbee 7.jpg

Jmoore

Members
Does water effect the growth? I do 20% water change a week(I'm on well water), and put ph buffer in but some of my fish that I have had for over a year are only 1.5" longer then when I bought them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

blkmjk

Members
Does water effect the growth? I do 20% water change a week(I'm on well water), and put ph buffer in but some of my fish that I have had for over a year are only 1.5" longer then when I bought them

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I do between 75-100%a week personally. I will say umbees like the ones pictured grow like crazy. What kind of fish do you keep mostly? That may have more to do with it than anything. Water quality, healthy diet, space to move. These are the only things that grow my fish quickly.

Drew

1bigdovii

Members
Colors are a little washed out on these due to bad lighting, so I'll take more pics when I get them in my tank and they settle down, but here is the pair I'll have on hand tomorrow!

-Rich

They look nice.