• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Flowerhorn not eating!!

adi51096

Members
I have a flowerhorn of approximately size 3 inches and he doesn't want to eat anything
HE shows interest in food when I go near the tank he takes them in his mouth and spills them out again.I have tried adding rosy red minnows,feeder guppies as feeders,bloodworms,frozen worms humpy head and common fish food but he takes them in mouth and spills them out.What to do now?His poop is also black which means he is fine.what shall I do?please help me!
Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Sent from my ST26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

adi51096

Members
He ate bloodworms though,but not pellets.He seems absolutely fine.No hexamita I guess.Normal poop,excellent colors long and pointed fins.Seems that he is picky

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I have never seen a fh or similar type be picky. Spitting out food is not usually natural. It can be caused due to size/dryness of a pellet, but is not normal to occur with live foods.
Check the water parameters, especially ammonia and nitrite. Monitor for other symptoms. Adding salt might also be a good plan. What is the temperature?

Never seen a picky flowerhorn. What was he neing fed when he did eat? Had to of been eating something to get to 3". May have to just wait till his hunger outweighs pickyness. May take a while but eventually it will and he will get used to new food. Or just stick with bloodworms.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App