• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

First time ever having fish spawn

Harleyrider5

Members
On Friday night I came home to find my Red Devils had laid eggs. This is the first time ever having this happen with any fish. Sorry for the lack of quality pics alls I have is my camera phone

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1361114213.822808.jpg

IMFROMDC

Members
Congrats brandon I hope you have a succsesful because I'll be interested in your fry can't you tell who spawned if so sepreate the rest of them from the pair or divide them good luck keep us updated

Harleyrider5

Members
I am pretty sure I know who the parents are, but it's weird because the female is much bigger then the male and she keeps chasing him away as well as the others. I took everything out except the three Red Devils. The female is keeping the other two from getting anywhere near the eggs. I am pretty sure that the eggs are fertile because they were a very light color and now about 3/4 have turned brown.

blkmjk

Members
Congratulations on the spawn! This by fat the coolest part of fish keeping for me. Really gratifying to raise them up and see them to new homes!

Speaking of which how are the la Ciebas?

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

Harleyrider5

Members
None of the eggs hatched the mom started eating the eggs. So I pulled all the fish out and removed the remainder of the eggs and rearranged the tank and re introduced all the fish