• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

First Pelvicachromis Pulcher Spawn

Had two pairs in a 75 with some other mixed fish. It would appear that one pair finally put it all together just in time to find the male jumped out the back of the tank. Managed to save 8 fry so far. Not sure if I am going to get more. The other pair seems to be hard at work on giving me the next batch.

It happens, I have taken Ted's advice from the meeting and left the single female in there. The other pair really are showing off their color and seem to have set up shop to give me another set of fry so if I manage to save this batch and the next it will have more than balanced out. I think that the Peaco ck gudgeons that I picked up at the PVAS auction may have bred in my other display tank so hopefully I will be able to pull some fry there soon.

Thanks
Rob

Theresa_M

Members
Sorry to hear about the male. Hopefully you'll get a sucessful spawn with the other pair and the gudgeons.

Second spawn has arrived from the other pair. They are guarding about 100 fry by the looks of things. I may try to pull about half out to place in my grow out tank.