• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Finally got a decent discus clutch

I have a couple pair but every time they seem to lay, too few hatch to wigglers and the parents just eat them. I think this one is special as I have a lot of them and the parents are moving the fry to a new location. Unfortunately I think they will still end up dying as they are in a display tank and will not bond to the parents. I am pulling the parents tomorrow and putting them in a 29 so my next batch will be good and bond.

I had thought my water was good even with 100+ nitrate as I was doing 100% WC every day and the tanks kept spotless of mulm. My angels thrived. I had someone give me a bunch of quarter sized discus and they all died in short order, 3 weeks tops. I spent every night for a month researching nitrate removal and lowered to 5 and was given 9 adults a few months ago. I think now they are finally settling in. that last nitrate filter I documented on my presentation was the final one to lower it for these fish.

Here are some pictures, the parents are moving them to a new location so I took pictures while they were doing this. Mom, was ever watchful as I took them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdhioemfmqjmf0y/ucKc7gD96e

Maybe one of these months there will be discus in the CCA auction!

Last edited:

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Man hope you haven't dropped of the map when I move in a few years. I should learn what I can b4 you go all pirates of the the pacific on us. Instead of plundering and madness it will be reef repair or water treatment and madness lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app