• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Festae spawning for the first time

freebyrd

Members
Got some first time festae spawning action last night! This is my personal first as a hobbiest and I've kept lots of featae over the years. These little guys are F1 Ecuadorian from the west coast.

A little back story on these guys.

I got them about two weeks ago, they were not advertised as a pair just a random male and female from the same person, so I took the dive and got them. They were shipped on a Tuesday night for Wednesday delivery and to my (not-so) surprise they didn't show up, and the carrier USPS had no clue where the package was :( unfortunately for me I was working the Richmond International Raceway NASCAR race Thursday, and had no way to pick them up IF they DID show up...luckily for me my lovely pregnant wife was able to pick them up at the post office the next morning at 6 am...what a relief!

I set up a divider the night before in their 125g tank being hopeful they would make the extra 24 hours.

They did! I pulled the divider after four days and they immediately started courting

IMG_20130428_233757_416.jpg

IMG_20130428_233655_891.jpg

Finally, here is the video I took last night. Its a 125g with two 110 aquaclear hob filters. The pair is 5-5.5"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkGvFzsmTg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

blkmjk

Members
Congratulations! That male is stunning! Pictures do him no justice.

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!